|James Cook University Brisbane is a campus of James Cook University operated in partnership with Russo Higher Education Pty Ltd. Our Queen Street Campus offers both undergraduate and postgraduate programs in a range of business disciplines to international full fee paying students from a range of home countries.
We are keen to employ a Learning Advisor/Library Assistant on a casual basis approximately 20 hours p.week with a strong educational background and significant skills in the Accounting profession. You must be confident in training an International cohort in skills like MYOB etc. Essential to this role is a willingness to be trained in the provision of support in the library and progression processes.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering courteous and professional service face-to-face, via telephone or online, negotiating and resolving issues relating to customer transactions within established procedures and guidelines
- Assisting all students in their use of hardcopy and digital resources for research purposes and the preparation and presentation of assessments
- Assist students enhance their academic skills, includes proof reading and review of assignments
- Expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of progression and learning support processes.
- Assist with general library duties including; locating library resources, both print and online
- Responsibility for opening or closing the Learning Hub, Monday through Friday.
- Assist Campus Librarian with student enrichment/social activities designed to enhance the student experience provide by JCU Brisbane and JCU Brisbane Student Association
We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, particularly students from non-English speaking backgrounds.
- Capacity to work cooperatively with a range of people including lecturers, executive and administrative staff, demonstrating interpersonal skills that enhance positive relationships with co-workers.
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting
- Ability to run workshop type activities, particularly for MYOB training and academic skills
Want to know more about us? Visit www.jcub.edu.au
You will be required to complete a police check should you be successful in being appointed to our organisation. To be eligible for this position you must have an appropriate visa to work in Australia/New Zealand.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.